About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Explosives Supervisor (Werris Creek, NSW)
An opportunity exists for an experienced Explosives Supervisor to join our Drill and Blast Team based at Werris Creek Mine.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure drill patterns are on design
- Statutory responsibilities of all explosives on site
- Load of blast holes to design
- Comply with all relevant NSW regulations and Safe Work requirements.
- Tie up plans and cost monitoring
- Liaise with explosive suppliers
- Supervision down the hole contract
- Look for opportunities of continuous improvement
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Blasters Users Explosive Licence
- 3-5 years in an Open Cut mining environment
- Mine software capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to safety
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.