About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Contracts Coordinator (Maules Creek, NSW)
The Contracts Coordinator role is accountable for controlling costs across multiple spend categories and contracts, in order to manage their usage and ultimately optimise costs for Whitehaven Coal. The role is accountable for the effective planning and execution of contract management, ensuring strict compliance to contract terms and conditions, and supporting operational teams such that continuity of operations are achieved in accordance with safety targets, budget tonnes and cost objectives.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Coordinate contract services in a cost-effective and efficient manner in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff and resources.
- Ensure all work and services are undertaken in accordance with contractual terms and obligations, ensuring all relevant contractual KPI’s are achieved
- Assist in contractual negotiations by providing strategic input
- Contribute to development of operations and maintenance budgets and preparation of capital submissions where necessary.
- Execute contracts to deliver cost effective services by maximising resource utilisation.
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Develop, implement and maintain commercial policy and procedures and programs in compliance with company and statutory requirements.
- Input into short and medium term production plans and forecasts to ensure sufficient service provision.
- On time service provision and invoicing.
- Experience in managing contracts and services.
- Planning and coordination of services.
- Experience in cost management and control.
- Relevant industry experience is an advantage.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce or Accounting an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving ability
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.