Environmental Officer - Group
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations. The Environmental Officer is accountable for providing environmental support to the Maules Creek Coal Mine in line with the company’s environmental management plans and regulatory requirements.
The Role: Environmental Officer - Group HSE (Gunnedah, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Environmental Officer to join the team Group HSE team in Gunnedah.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Support Group Superintendent – Environment with planning, investigating and implementing new and ongoing Projects and/or Programs and Initiatives.
- Assist in the develop and manage annual budgets to ensure delivery of contractor and consultancy works within approved budget.
- Prepare and submit relevant environmental approvals in a timely manner to ensure continuity of operations.
- Liaise with consultants and manage contractors to ensure timely submission of reports and completion of other general environmental activities.
- Delivering strategic direction to ensure Group wide environmental risks are mitigated.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of regulatory processes in the mining sector
- 3-5 years in a similar position
- High level oral and written communication skills, particularly in delivering information and liaising with stakeholders
- Ability to deliver high quality work within required deadlines
- Previous experience engaging and directing consultants and contractors in the delivery of environmental outcomes would be considered favorable.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.