Drill & Blast Supervisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Drill & Blast Supervisor (Maules Creek, NSW)
Opportunity to join the Drill & Blast team at Maules Creek to work with together to ensure compliance with all statutory laws, company policies and procedures whilst meeting the required production quantities and quality as defined in the budgets and forecasts in mine planning.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Supervise the drilling and blasting team, under the direct supervision of the Superintendent. Assist with planning and leadership to co-ordinate drill & blast activities for the operations.
- Assist with the implementation of cost reduction strategies to ensure improvement of blasting results and costs,
- Closely monitor the day to day operation and deal with D&B issues as necessary
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- OCE ticket or Shot Firer’s certificate (desirable).
- Knowledge of the risk management, safe work practices and statutory requirements required to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Minimum five years of mining experience to include supervision of Drill and Blast.
- Demonstrated safe and productive management of mine plant and facilities.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.