CHPP Mechanical and Electrical Operators
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: CHPP Mechanical and Electrical Operators (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for CHPP Mechanical and Electrical Operators to join the team at Maules Creek. To enable a multi-disciplined approach in the running of a highly complex and automated processing plant.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Execution of the production plan.
- Adhere to all in safe processing practices.
- 100% compliance to management and procedural plans
- Comply with all Safety and PPE requirements including daily safety prestart and JHA’s.
- As required the conducting of Take 5 (or similar) risk assessments before commencing or recommencing a task.
- Investigate and report incidents promptly, identify hazards and rectify them in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- High School Education
- Recognised Qualifications in NSW Electrical Licence or Mechanical Fitter / Boilermaker trade
- Demonstrated experience in following procedures and working within a culture of safety driven performance objectives.
- Can demonstrate working within a dynamic team environment.
- Experienced in safe efficient operations and maintenance of Coal Handling and Preparation Plants will be advantageous.
- CHPP Control room operations experience.
- Any other work licences such as
- High risk work
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- Skid steer
- IT loader
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive wage and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Come and join an excellent team culture
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.