Business Improvement Superintendent
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Business Improvement Superintendent, CHPP & BI (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Business Improvement Superintendent to join our team at Maules Creek. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of the Whitehaven Business Improvement Program at Maules Creek, developing and maintaining best business practices, improvement processes and system across site.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Achieve cost effective operations in accordance with annual operating plans, Life of Mine and budgets
- Develop and maintain the Business Improvement and CHPP Operations budget
- Provide leadership and guidance in continuous improvement across the MCC 4 Pillars (Health/Safety/Environment, People/Culture, Volume/Performance, and Cost/Revenue).
- Oversee the development, operation and maintenance of Business Improvement systems and procedures;
- Monitor, manage and report on Business Improvement projects;
- Analyse site data to identify, propose and prioritise opportunities for improvements.
- Set up a Business Improvement framework, with training and engagement to deliver on key site activities.
- Set up a Business Improvement tracking system that can clearly display initiatives to their respective pillars.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Bachelor Degree in Mining, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline;
- Qualifications in Business Improvement methodologies (Six sigma, Lean, Theory of Constrains)
- Ability to develop complex operational systems;
- Well-developed planning and work management skills, and the ability to work autonomously;
- 5 + year’s mine planning or mine operations experience in open cut mines
- 5+ years’ Business Improvement experience in the Mining or Mineral Processing Industry;
- A strong understanding of key business and industry success drivers;
- Sound commercial acumen with the ability to relate physical activities to budget goals and constraints;
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.