Senior Recruitment Advisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior Recruitment Advisor, People & Culture (Gunnedah, NSW)
This is an exciting time to join the Whitehaven Coal People & Culture team and play an integral role in the success of our new internal recruitment strategy, which has been in place since early 2020.
In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering end to end recruitment across a portfolio of positions in the organisation, which will predominately be professional and technical vacancies across both our corporate functions and operational sites.
This role can be based either in our Sydney head office or in the Tamworth/Gunnedah area of NSW. A relocation package will be provided if the successful applicant chooses to be based in the Tamworth/Gunnedah area.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Previous recruitment experience gained in the resources sector
- Experience in the Australian coal mining sector is considered advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting for both professional and technical roles
- Tertiary qualification in business/HR (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of candidate sourcing and selection techniques using a proactive approach
- Be resilient & adaptable in an ever changing environment
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent role
- Attractive salary & bonus structure
- Friendly and passionate team
- Career progression as our internal function continues to grow
- Flexible work options and an environment where you are judged on results not how long you spend at a desk
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.