About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: HR Advisor, People & Culture (Gunnedah, NSW)
This is an exciting time to join the Whitehaven Coal People & Culture team and play an integral role in the development of the new P&C function for an ASX listed miner.
This position plays a vital role in the efficient coordination of all P&C inquiries, systems and processes within the People and Culture Operations team and will;
- Assist the P&C Operations Team in the day to day generation of reports, letters, documents and media that will assist response to the day to day challenges of the operational needs
- Oversee and administer the day to day, policies, procedures and standards that set up the P&C infrastructure for Whitehaven Coal
- Respond daily through phone and email, as a service provider to site for low level P&C support and service requests
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the business and be the day to day contact for P&C
- Provide weekly, and monthly standard reporting
- Prepare internal and external correspondence
- Be a key liaison point with payroll for employee matters and site queries related to P&C issues
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- 2+ years post graduate Human Resources experience ideally gained in mining, heavy industry or construction
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, law or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills, business acumen and proficiency in Microsoft Office are essential
- Be resilient & adaptable in an ever changing environment
- Current drivers licence & ability to travel
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent role
- Monday to Friday role
- Attractive salary & bonus structure
- Relocation package to live locally in the Gunnedah/Narrabri regions
- Friendly and passionate team
- Great opportunity to develop your career
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.