Principal Geotechnical Engineer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Principal Geotechnical Engineer (NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our corporate Technical Services Team at Whitehaven Coal.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provision of geotechnical guidance to onsite technical and operational teams.
- Work to establish and maintain a robust corporate geotechnical system.
- Provide geotechnical support to the sites as required.
- Build cross-functional relationships with operations to support the delivery of geotechnical functions.
- Help create and manage accurate geotechnical models across the organisation.
- Work with sites to ensure compliance with corporate geotechnical standards.
The successful applicant will most likely possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience using mine planning and geotechnical software.
- Extensive geotechnical experience in an operational or consulting role.
- Ability to respond and provide high level geotechnical advice to sites and projects on a structured and adhoc basis.
- Membership of a professional body.
- Experience with geotechnical instrumentation (eg slope stability radar systems).
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and incentive scheme.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.