Safety & Training Advisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Safety & Training Advisor (Narrabri, NSW)
The Safety and Training Advisor is accountable for planning, coordinating, maintaining and enhancing safety and training activities in line with the Narrabri Mine Management Plans.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Assist line management in developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring the safety system and safety culture on site.
- Maintain a current First Aid Certificate along with up-to-date knowledge, and act as the Occupational First Aid Officer onsite.
- Source training providers, determine cost effective training, and coordinate the provision of training by external providers where required, including inductions to all contractors and employees.
- Assist line managers to identify employees’ current competencies and areas for development, and develop and implement up-to-date training packages and materials to meet these needs.
- Participate in the site’s internal and external auditing programs and conduct regular audits of the mine to assess compliance with statutory, corporate and site standards.
- Conduct regular inspections, task observations and risk assessments, and provide guidance and advice to staff in respect of risk and improving safety practices.
- Assist the Safety and Training Co-ordinator to manage the site Mines Rescue team including organising training attendance and entering teams into competitions
- Implement and manage workplace rehabilitation and act in the role of Return to Work Coordinator including liaison with insurers and medical practitioners, development of return to work plans, and facilitation of a speedy return of injured workers to pre-injury duties.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- ‘Return to Work’ Coordinator qualification
- Occupational First Aid Certificate
- OH&S Consultation Course
- RII Qualifications to facilitate risk assessments (previously known as G2)
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.