Commercial Manager - Group Operations
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Commercial Manager - Group Operations (Gunnedah, NSW)
The Commercial Manager is accountable for managing the commercial, financial, administration and Warehouse functions for Whitehaven Coal.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide support to the EGM Operations and GM Technical Services
- Oversee the financial reporting requirements for Whitehaven and Joint Venture members, providing accurate, comprehensible and timely information in line with company policies and systems.
- Manage and lead the commercial team by maximising productivity while minimising errors and ensuring compliance with company systems and processes.
- Manage an integrated data management system using Pulse, ensuring accurate and timely data entry of financial information and ensuring systems and checks are in place to uphold data integrity.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls including hierarchical systems to ensure genuine transactions.
- Regularly liaise with the commercial, financial and accounting personnel on mine sites and corporate office, to ensure consistency of systems and approach between the sites and corporate office.
- Establish and develop new financial systems and processes at the Narrabri mine site, ensuring efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of data management and output.
- Provide technical input and analysis of business initiatives and new projects including supporting the negotiation, preparation and administration of contracts for major and critical works, reducing risk profile, and ensuring conformance with Australian Standards to minimise risk.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce or Accounting
- Professional membership of either CA or CPA
- Leadership experience in a commercial role of a large infrastructure operation;
- Commercial experience in the mining industry preferred (on-site, off-site, multi-site, and project development)
- Experience managing Joint Venture agreements
- Understanding and experience applying Australian Accounting Standards
- Experience in management and financial accounting
- Experience with Pulse (not essential), Excel modelling, and TM1
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.