Open Cut Examiner
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: OCE, Open Cut Operations (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an OCE to join the Open Cut Operations team at Werris Creek. The Open Cut Examiner is accountable for supervising the daily operations of the allocated open cut mine site to ensure production and budgetary targets are met whilst complying with relevant legislative and statutory requirements in the area of safety and environment.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure employees understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Ensure equipment is used and maintained appropriately.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to increase mining and plant efficiency.
- Facilitate and support of LEAN management principles and systems, including the Short Interval Control (SIC)
- Ensure compliance with environmental licensing requirements.
- Report all safety incidents to Production Superintendent and the Mining Engineering Manager
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Open Cut Examiners Certificate (essential)
- Experience as a supervisor in the mining industry
- Knowledge of WH&S legislation and statutory requirements in NSW
- Extensive experience as a multi-skilled operator in the mining industry
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.