About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Production Supervisor (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for two new Production Supervisors, one for each crew. The Production Supervisors will join the Mine Operations team at Maules Creek mine.
The purpose of this role is to support Senior Mining Supervisors in plan compliance, mine support projects and to supervise the load and haul team.
This role could change your career by giving you the on-site experience on an excellent world-class project enhancing your current academic qualifications.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Support site costs outcome by optimising short term mine plan implementation
- Monitor and maintain compliance of site load and haul teams with short term mine plan
- Implement projects that support efficient delivery of load and haul targets
- Support Senior Mining Supervisor in Maximising labour utilisation of load and haul workforce
- Utilise your knowledge of new techniques to help bring a new performance/ business improvement culture to the team.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining or related disciplines desirable
- Statutory mining qualifications desirable
- Familiarity with mine design software
- Ability to apply knowledge of mining systems
.Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- We will help you gain statutory mining qualifications to enhance your career.
- Attractive Salary and bonus package also relocation package if required
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Equal time roster work 14 days in 28
- Be home every night no more travelling
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.