Dispatch & Mine Business Improvement Superintendent
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Dispatch & Mine Business Improvement Superintendent (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Dispatch & Mine Business Improvement Superintendent to join the Mine Operations team at Maules Creek mine. The purpose of this role is to lead the Dispatch team in optimizing haul truck utilization and Business Improvement projects for mine operations.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop and manage budget for Dispatch function.
- Develop business cases as required for implementation of identified improvement opportunities.
- Efficiently deploy the WENCO FMS system do drive maximum productivity from the site’s mining fleet.
- Develop and mentor the mine Dispatch team.
- Mentor mining supervisors in implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Champion the use of the TITAN excavator cycle and payload monitoring system.
- Implement and report on progress of identified Business Improvement initiatives.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Ability to use typical business software
- Statutory mining qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of mine dispatch and monitoring systems
- Extensive experience in mine operation
- Ability to identify and deliver business improvement initiatives
- Strong data analysis skills
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and bonus package also relocation package if required
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Be home every night no more travelling
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.