About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
We have just opened a new state of the art maintenance building on our site in Tarrawonga and we are looking for keen, capable, self-motivated professional applicants to work on our Hitachi and Caterpillar equipment.
The Role: Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance (Tarrawonga, NSW)
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the direct and general supervision of the daily activities of tradespeople and contractors and will ensure maintenance coverage for breakdowns. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for developing and adhering to maintenance schedules, responding to maintenance queries and reports and coordinating resources to achieve the above.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Achieve cost-effective operations of the mechanical maintenance workshop on site in accordance with maintenance budgets by actively monitoring costs, maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff, contractors and resources.
- Manage the mechanical workshop on site in a safe and efficient way in providing 24 hour maintenance to all mining machinery including trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance, and defect management;
- Supervise, monitor, train, control, and performance manage all trades personnel and contractors under his control.
- Conduct day-to-day planning and scheduling of maintenance services, carry out weekly forecasting of maintenance activities, and notify relevant department heads of machine availability.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with statutory and company regulations, Australian standards, and best engineering practice, and immediately correct any staff member who does not comply with the above.
- Monitor performance and availability of machinery in order to limit downtime.
- Coordinate with the Tarrawonga Maintenance Coordinator and Maintenance Planner - OC regarding the scheduling of component change outs.
- Ensure all parts, service providers, materials and lubricants for all site machinery are available by placing orders in a timely manner, to meet the maintenance plan.
- Maintain and file records and documentation in line with MECP and auditing standards, and enter data correctly into PULSE, MiPlan and the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Trade qualification
- Extensive experience with heavy earth-moving machinery
- Experienced in the coal mining industry
- Workshop supervisor experience including leadership, training, budgets and business procedures
- Planning and scheduling experience
- Experience with maintenance management software and Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive experience using a CMMS preferably Pulse but not essential
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and bonus package also relocation package if required
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Equal time roster work 14 days in 28
- Be home every night no more travelling
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.