About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Mining Engineer, Technical Services (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Mining Engineer to join our team at Werris Creek. The Mining Engineer is accountable for providing engineering support including (but not limited to), designing, planning, scheduling and monitoring of overburden, coal removal and stockpiling
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure safe, efficient, & productive plans are developed in a timely manner; liaise with relevant parties in proactive manner.
- Ensure production budget is met by effective planning, scheduling and coordination of activities relating to the mining fleet.
- Communicate upcoming truck/shovel plans and activities to managers, superintendents and other relevant mine site personnel.
- Ensure waste dumps consider rehabilitation requirements during the design stage, ensuring effective controls are in place.
- Assist survey / mine planning / geology in reconciliation of modeled quantities with mining outcomes for feedback into model and plan.
- Provide effective technical support, assistance and advice to site personnel as required.
- Consolidate and provide Mining information including forecasts of Mining for short and medium-term scheduling.
- Ensure effective controls are in place so dig/dump designs are followed, by working with the surveyor and ensuring GPS plans are available for diggers & dozers.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar.
- Experience using mine planning software.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets/databases.
- Experience in development of mining schedules.
- Experience in open cut coal mine engineering.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary, bonus and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Come and join our team and our community.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.