About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Accounting/Finance Graduates, 2021 Graduate Program (Narrabri/Gunnedah, NSW)
As a participant of the two-year Whitehaven Coal Graduate Program you will gain exposure to either underground or open cut mining and will work in teams that will assist your continual learning and growth within a supportive environment. Whitehaven is committed to the longevity of our employee’s careers and upon successful completion of the two-year program and where a position exists we will transition our Graduates into permanent employees.
We will have opportunities for Graduates to work within our underground or open cut operations working across a variety of our business divisions. The main responsibilities of a Whitehaven Graduate is to support and actively participate as a member of your respective team. This will be achieved by performing and contributing to projects and day-to-day duties and tasks. You will develop a working knowledge of the various business functions and how they work together to achieve organisational goals and objectives whilst aligning with legislative and company procedures.
We look for Graduates who are passionate, motivated and adaptable with a keen interest in learning new skills and stepping out of their comfort zones. Whitehaven will provide you with many opportunities for personal and career development through challenging work, mentoring opportunities, a supportive management team and a structured learning environment.
Our mines are located in the Narrabri and Gunnedah regions of North West NSW, so it is essential you are prepared to relocate.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Accounting/Finance, recognised in Australia and completed in the last 12 months or due for completion this year
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, demonstrated initiative and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent organisational skills
Benefits for You
- Excellent opportunity to develop a career in the mining industry
- Attractive salary and relocation package
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader
- Late July - Applications Open
- Late August - Applications reviewed, Psychometric Testing and interviews held
- Sept/Oct - Pre-Employment Medicals and Offers made
- February 2021 - Graduates commence
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply.
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace.
Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
Candidates will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.