Superintendent Maintenance Planning
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Superintendent Maintenance Planning, Maules Creek, NSW
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Planing Superintendent to join the Maintenance Planning team at Maules Creek. The purpose of this role is to efficiently manage and provide leadership to the Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, Shutdown Planning, Statutory Compliances and the Reliability Engineering teams to ensure all performance targets for Mining equipment and Coal handling & processing plant are achieved in a coordinated, cost effective, timely and safe manner.
You will be part of a team of 11, Managing state of the art Mobile & fixed plant equipment, we offer a lifestyle roster - every weekend off with the family, a generous incentive bonus scheme and you will be part of our Autonomous Haulage System roll out.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure maintenance work management systems and reliability program prioritise safety, through; effective planning that anticipate & prepare for potential hazards, encourage proactive work to reduce need for potential high-risk tasks and focus on machine reliability to minimise exposure of maintenance personnel to hazardous tasks.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring, and developmental activities to members of the team driving a positive workplace culture that reflects Whitehaven Principles. Ensure training & succession plans are in place for the area.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimise and manage risk and oversee investigations where required, ensuring that the relevant Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to assist in identifying and providing an injured employee with suitable duties whilst they are on a return to work plan.
- Manage the Maintenance Planning team, to ensure work flow process is maintained to enable mining equipment and processing plants to run to optimal levels and be well maintained.
- Major Outages & Shut Downs are run “on time” and to planned costs.
- Manage and report Work management Key Performance Indicators for Planning and Execution teams.
- Manage implementation of technology and IoT applications to improve efficiency of maintenance work management.
- Lead the team of Reliability Engineers focussed on improving the reliability of the processing plants through the generation of maintenance strategies, preventative maintenance optimisation, development of asset life plans, provision of technical support to maintenance execution team, root cause analysis and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives through defect eliminations.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of data, specifically focusing on production loss (downtime data). Implement technology and enablers for capturing machine performance and improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Manage the Statutory requirements to deliver site safety and legal compliance.
- Develop and manage Graduate program for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers in Maintenance and Operations management.
- Prepare, manage and control the section budgets.
- Review and report daily, weekly, monthly on performance to the Asset Manager to ensure that the General Manager, Joint Venture representatives and other key internal stakeholders are appropriately informed. In addition, report on department performance regularly to all teams through undertaking formal performance presentations.
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions that are consistent with your contract of employment.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor) qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in a senior leadership role within a reliability and maintenance discipline.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ supervisory experience in maintenance management, project management or operational management roles.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ in the mining or heavy industry or mineral processing environments with strong working knowledge of Maintenance Planning and CMMS.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.