About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Mining Engineer, Open Cut Operations (Tarrawonga, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Mining Engineer to join our Technical Services Team at Tarrawonga Coal Mine, NSW.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, the Mining Engineer is accountable for providing engineering support including (but not limited to), designing, planning, scheduling and monitoring of overburden, coal removal and stockpiling.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ensure safe, efficient, & productive plans are developed in a timely manner; liaise with relevant parties in proactive manner.
- Ensure production budget is met by effective planning, scheduling and coordination of activities relating to the mining fleet.
- Support the maintenance and communication of 12 week mine plans and activities to managers and other relevant mine site personnel.
- Communicate upcoming truck/shovel plans and activities to managers, superintendents and other relevant mine site personnel.
- Ensure effective controls are in place so dig/dump designs are followed, by working with the surveyor and ensuring GPS plans are available for diggers & dozers.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- Experience in open cut coal mine engineering.
- Experience in development of mining schedules.
- Strong data analysis skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.