Safety & Training Superintendent
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help to power highly-developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product.
We operate six mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales and have developed a reputation for excellence in operations, project delivery and safe and efficient operations. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
The Role: Safety & Training Superintendent (Werris Creek, NSW)
An opportunity exists for an experienced Safety & Training Superintendent to join our Werris Creek Operation. You will be accountable for coordinating, maintaining and improving safety and training activities to support the operation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the site WHS management system, return to work programs, identifying employees’ current competencies and areas for development, and developing and maintaining up-to-date training materials to meet these needs.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety or related discipline (desirable)
- Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Root cause incident investigation facilitation
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of WHS legislation and statutory requirements in the mining sector
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and ability to act as a role model
- High level oral and written communication skills, particularly in delivering information and liaising stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative to drive change for improvement
- Highly motivated with an ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.