About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Purchasing Officer, Shared Services Centre (Newcastle, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Purchasing Officer to join our Procurement team in Newcastle, NSW. This is a fixed term position for maternity leave coverage, with an expected duration of 12 months. Reporting to the General Manager – Procurement, this role is accountable for supporting our Open Cut operations through the provision of quality transactional procurement services.
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for converting approved purchase requisitions into purchase orders, expediting the supply of parts, equipment and services, maintaining effective working relationships with internal customers, and supporting the Procurement Team’s reporting and administrative functions.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Process requisitions to purchase orders in a timely manner
- Expedite orders, co-ordinate freight forwarders and follow up on deliveries
- Maintain accurate data within the ERP system and spreadsheets, for reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve costs
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Experience in the purchasing or procurement function for large organisations
- Experience in procure to pay functions or stores
- Experience in the mining industry (desirable)
- Experience with Pulse Mining Systems ERP (desirable)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- High level reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and bonus.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.