About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Environmental Graduate (Maules Creek, NSW)
The Environmental Graduate is accountable for providing environmental support to the Maules Creek Coal Mine in line with the company’s environmental management plans and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Coordinate environmental monitoring activities including collating field monitoring data in the areas of noise performance, blasting, ground and surface water, dust and meteorology; updating environmental monitoring results on the database, investigating and managing any issues and providing feedback to management.
- Maintain and improve the environmental performance of the Maules Creek Coal Mine site and company owned land including the provision of advice and assistance to operations and the mine site, and the implementation of environmental management plans on site.
- Assist in the implementation of mine rehabilitation programs to meet statutory conditions and commitments including supervision of planting, seeding and weed control with the site rehabilitation areas.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of relevant environmental approvals and reports in a timely manner, to ensure statutory compliance and continuity of operations.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of regulatory processes in the mining sector
- High level oral and written communication skills, particularly in delivering information and liaising with stakeholders
- Ability to deliver high quality work within required deadlines
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.