About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Electrical Engineer (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Operations team in Narrabri, NSW. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, this role provide technical support to the entire Narrabri Coal Operations site, covering key surface infrastructure and all underground infrastructure.
Duties may include:
- Supporting external engineering activities in respect of repairs and overhauls where internal resources are not available.
- Assisting the Electrical Engineering Manager and undertaking long and short-term electrical engineering planning.
- Ensuring maintenance work is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Proactively manage costs by conducting regular reconciliations of expenditure
- Assisting with site project work.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Desire to continue study, to obtain Practicing Certificate - Electrical Engineering Manager issued by NSW Resource Regulator (desired).
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) as recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework, with Electrical Trade Qualification or,
- Degree certificate in electrical engineering as recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework, or equivalent.
- Formal training desired:
- High Voltage
- EEHA (Explosion Protection)
- SKM Power Tools (PTW)
- Programmable Logic Controllers and networks
- Microsoft Project Management
- Pulse CMMS
- Incident Investigation
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply
- Attach your resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace.
Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.