About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Sustainability Manager, Corporate, Government & Community Affairs (Sydney/Brisbane)
An outstanding new opportunity has become available for a Sustainability Manager to join the Corporate, Government & Community Affairs team in our Sydney or Brisbane office. The Sustainability Manager will support the evolution and implementation of Whitehaven Coal's Sustainability Strategy. This role reports to the Executive General Manager - Corporate, Government and Community Affairs.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide strategic advice on sustainability performance, challenges, risks and opportunities.
- Manage subject matter experts in the development and delivery of business plans and programs in sustainability, including climate change
- Promote awareness of sustainability at Whitehaven Coal and build effective cross-functional teams through collaboration
- Integrate strategic sustainability programs into overall corporate strategy to meet Whitehaven Coal’s purpose, and values
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline (essential), post graduate level qualifications (desirable)
- Extensive technical and applied knowledge in a broad range of sustainability issues in a multi-location, diversified company context.
- Knowledge of ESG factors, trends and expectations regarding investors and other stakeholders.
- Significant experience in a similar role in a large, complex business preferably in mining
- 7-10 years' experience in sustainability issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and incentive scheme.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.