Coal Quality Engineer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Coal Quality Engineer, Technical Services (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Coal Quality Engineer to join the Technical Services Department at Maules Creek Mine.
To be successful in the role you:
- Will be responsible for preparing agreed Coal and Parting extraction plans, schedules and forecasts utilising appropriate design systems and processes
- Ensure that Coal and Parting extraction plans, schedules and forecasts are communicated and are understood
- Prepare and communicate agreed Coal and Partings reports by collecting, analysing and compiling statistics
- Monitoring coal quality as delivered to the customer and follow up on investigations where coal specs have not achieved contract specs.
- Ensure that the quality of coal mining plans and excavation methods are continually improved by reconciling plans, actual performance and variations, as they occur
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or Geology
- Supervisors Certificates (S1, S2, S3)
- Formal coal quality training
- Experience using mine planning software
- Experience in Geological data entry and validation
- Experience in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets/databases
- Geotechnical experience (Desirable)
- Experience in development of coal mining and partings schedules
- Over 3 years’ experience in open cut coal mine geology or open cut coal mine engineering
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.