Fixed Plant Maintainer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Fixed Plant Maintainer (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for 2 x Fixed Plant Maintainers to join the Coal Handling Process Plant at Narrabri. We are recruiting for 2 x Electrical Trade Roles.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have experience in work area and plant hazards, damage and defects identification
- Have task preparation job hazard analysis skills such as, Take 5 (or similar) risk assessments before commencing or recommencing a task;
- Prepare or participate in the preparation of JSA’s, work methods including drawings, specifications, activity sequences, identification and assessment of hazards, identification of hazard controls, tools and equipment requirements;
- Have the ability to complete designated process plant housekeeping standard tasks;
- Hold operational experience of process plant and equipment including
- Organize Planned and Breakdown Maintenance of process plant equipment and components such as inspections and major component change out including mobile plant
- Trade reporting and Work Order system skills;
- Assist CHPP Component OEM trades to support expert guidance;
- Process Plant Operating system exposure
- EEHA and HV competence for electrical roles
- Process plant production, Stockpile Dozer and train load out operational experience
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Electrical trade certification
- Supervisor training S123 equivalent
- Experience working safely in an industrial environment
- Working at heights (current)
- Confined space entry and gas test atmosphere (current)
- Valid Driver license
- NSW Order 43 Medical
- High level attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Flexibility to change as priorities change
- Good team work in a small team environment
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Targeted training for the role with opportunity for further study.
- Attractive Salary.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.