About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Maintenance Fitters (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for maintenance fitters to join the team at Werris Creek Mine. The Fitter is accountable for performing maintenance and repairs to mobile equipment with minimum supervision to achieve production targets.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Complete planned, unplanned and corrective maintenance tasks, ensuring compliance to Whitehaven Coals Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents and hazards are reported and are followed up correctly to minimise and manage risk.
- Inspect equipment and raise job requests on any defective parts/components found.
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions that are consistent with your contract of employment.
- Read and comprehend mechanical drawings and maintenance manuals.
- Efficiently and safely operate workshop equipment.
- Conduct repairs and maintenance for mobile equipment.
- Carry out assigned work orders.
- Coordinate with production and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain a high work output level, and provide assistance where required.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Relevant mechanical trade qualification
- Driver’s Licence
- Work at heights (desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Relevant mobile plant licences (desirable)
- Diesel mechanical trade experience with Hitachi and CAT earth moving equipment
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and bonus package also relocation package if required
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Equal time roster work 14 days in 28
- Be home every night no more travelling
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.