Business Improvement Manager
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Business Improvement Manager, Operations (Gunnedah, NSW)
The purpose of this role is to support the Executive General Manager of Operations and individual Site General Managers to identify, quantify, prioritize and drive the implementation of Business Improvement initiatives across Whitehaven’s portfolio of mines, development projects and support infrastructure needed for Whitehaven to consistently deliver sustainable value creation for shareholders.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop the Business Improvement budget to support initiatives across Whitehaven in line with the annual target
- Develop more efficient, innovative and sustainable production strategies that will deliver increased capacity, reduced costs per tonne and more consistent operational performance across all sites
- Support the General Managers in aligning the financial systems and structures with the help of Commercial Managers to better support the tracking of the expenditure, and visualize the improvement programs with a link between Production and Financials clearly available
- Managing Whitehaven Business Improvement projects which are ‘enterprise-wide’;
- Helping sites identify, validate, priorities, and deliver their individual pipeline of Business Improvement initiatives;
- Coach colleagues in Business Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma and change management methodologies; and
- Managing the ongoing development of Whitehaven’s suite of BI-related tools, processes and methodologies;
- Develop in conjunction with Senior Leadership Team the key Site Strategic Objectives and Pillars
- Set up a Business Improvement framework, with training and engagement to deliver on key site activities.
- Set up a Business Improvement tracking system that can clearly display initiatives to their respective pillars
- Drive continuous improvement across all departments of Whitehaven
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Business or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant Business Improvement activities;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Mining Industry;
- Business Improvement Qualification (desirable);
- A strong understanding of Management Operating Systems;
- Strong commercial acumen so as to contribute to the development of individual business cases;
- Proven project management skills including demonstrated use of BI methodologies to deliver measurable results;
- A demonstrated track record delivering sustainable change;
- Proven leadership experience and an ability to work with diverse stakeholders on challenging projects;
- An ability to build and lead effective teams – even in cases where no structural authority exists;
- Experience in delivering Business Improvement within asset & capital intensive industries – ideally, in Mining
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.