About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: AHS Controller (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) Controller to join the new AHS team at Maules Creek. The AHS Controller is responsible for the safe and productive operation of the Autonomous Haulage System through the management and monitoring of autonomous haul truck fleet movement and interactions, in accordance with the Production Plan.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Maintain and optimise safe autonomous mining operations through the identification, communication and management of efficiency opportunities.
- Execute and maintain compliance to the Production Plan, communicating with the AHS Supervisor and Mine Planner of issues that may affect achieving the plan.
- Ensure data integrity standards are met through real-time data validation.
- Monitor and communicate issues with the virtual mine model to the AHS Supervisor and AHS Builder.
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance with the Maintenance Department to maximise equipment availability and utilisation.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Experience with FMS, AHS and/or Dispatch.
- Mine site experience and understanding of safety processes and systems.
- Experience with logistics management or project management desirable
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package in a beautiful part of Rural NSW
- Lifestyle roster home every night no more FIFO.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.