About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: AHS Builder (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an AHS Builder to join the new AHS team at Maules Creek. Responsible for management, maintenance and accuracy of the virtual mine model to optimize the autonomous fleet in accordance with the production plan. Responsible for forward planning the required map/operational changes required in the AOZ to achieve production targets and plans.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Maintain and optimise safe autonomous mining operations through the identification, communication and management of efficiency opportunities.
- Execute and maintain compliance to the Production Plan, communicating with the AHS Supervisor and Mine Planners of the issues that may affect achieving the plan autonomously.
- Manage and maintain the virtual mine model and communicate progress to the AHS Supervisor, AHS Controller and AHS Engineers .
- Liaise with Hitachi stakeholders regarding autonomous system faults and provide feedback to the necessary parties
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Previous experience as an AHS Builder with either the CAT MineStar or Komatsu Frontrunner AHS solutions.
- Experience with FMS, AHS and/or a control room setting.
- Mining experience and a concise understanding of safety processes and systems.
- Ability to think laterally with a high degree of digital literacy with multiple systems concurrently.
- Excellent understanding of 3D concepts
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.