CHPP Process/ Quality Engineer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: CHPP Process/Quality Engineer (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a CHPP Process/Quality Engineer to join the team at Maules Creek. The CHPP Process Engineer is accountable for the quality management of all coal-processing activities within the CHPP including ROM, product coal, product coal stacking and blend plans for train loading. In addition to the quality aspect the Process Engineer is also responsible for providing in depth analytical data for the implementation of improvement ideas to enhance plant efficiencies, and yield.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide technical direction to the CHPP Production and Maintenance teams to enable optimum process performance
- Perform coal tracking around CHPP area and assist with coal logistics
- Track ROM and product coal quality for CHPP
- Capture and analyse CHPP improvement ideas
- Progress improvement ideas with relevant CHPP staff and track outcomes
- Support the monitoring and reporting of Process measures and KPIs
- Provide advice and learning to MRU management on Process Improvement
- Contribute to budgeting processes
- Conduct periodic plant optimisation tasks
- Actively support and promote the concept of internal and external customer relationships
- Effectively carry out accountabilities of a Contract Supervisor under the Contractor Management Standard as required, including the Management of Contractors in accordance with Contractor Management Standard.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (engineering or science)
- Previous experience in coal preparation activities (desirable)
- Experience in coal or minerals processing with a focus on process optimisation and efficiency
- Experience in dense medium and gravity separation processes.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.