Technical Services Manager
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Mine Manager - Technical Services (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Mine Manager - Technical Services to join the team in Maules Creek. The Manager Mine Technical Services is accountable for providing technical services and support to the Maules Creek Coal open cut operations, spanning Mine Planning (Short and Medium Term), Geotechnical, Survey, Geology Drill and Blast Engineering, Mine Projects and Coal Quality
To be successful in the role you will:
- Develop annual budget for the Mine Technical Services department;
- Achieve cost effective operations of the Mine Technical Services department in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff and resources.
- Provide technical direction, input and advice for the safe mining of resources, while simultaneously ensuring that mining complies with the prescribed Mine Operation Plan (MOP) and ensuring statutory compliance at all time.
- Proactively manage costs by conducting regular reconciliations of expenditure against budget, as well as cost reviews to identify risks and opportunities within area of responsibility
- Sufficiently resource the survey department, ensuring adequate equipment and personnel are available to develop the mine on grade and within tolerances.
- Lead the preparation of the site Mine Plan that enables the delivery of the integrated site Plans
- Develop operational reports including but not limited to; Daily, Weekly, Monthly, reports, and being able to develop Mine Reconciliation Reports that are accurate and relevant to grade control information
- Develop, implement and manage projects as required.
- Develop weekly, monthly & quarterly annual plans, forecasts and budgets
- Responsible for oversight of studies / expansions
- Actively participate as a member of the Maules Creek senior management team.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or other related discipline.
- Statutory qualifications (desirable).
- Competency with the major recognized mining software package like Surpac, Whittle, Minesched, XPAC
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and a positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic management systems.
- Capacity to develop and lead a multi-disciplined technical team.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.