Maintenance Planner - Mobile Plant
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Maintenance Planner - Mobile Plant, Maintenance Department (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Planner - Mobile Plant to join the team at Maules Creek. The Maintenance Planner ensures that preventative maintenance master data is maintained and all corrective maintenance activities for the planner specific area (work group) are appropriately planned (resources, parts, equipment, tooling) so that the work progresses on weekly schedule in a safe, efficient and repeatable manner.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure maintenance work management systems prioritise safety, through; effective planning that anticipate & prepare for potential hazards and encourage proactive work to reduce need for potential high-risk tasks.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are reported and are followed up correctly to minimise and manage risk and oversee investigations where required, ensuring that the relevant Occupational Health and Safety Act is complied with at all times.
- Prepare a rolling plan including all work orders from routine maintenance, major overhauls & shut down maintenance work for respective work group and issue a weekly plan to the scheduler.
- Ensure that all work packs (labour, parts, tasks, costs, etc) are uploaded and maintained in Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), Pulse Mining Systems for system integrity.
- Create and maintain work orders and requisitions (materials and services) in CMMS. Confirm that parts and labour are available prior to releasing work orders to qualify job as “planned”. Develop and maintain PM schedules.
- Order parts/services, obtain quotes, create specifications as required to ensure quality assurance, and allow for future warranty considerations. Liaise with Supply to expedite external parts and contractor labour suppliers, where necessary.
- Review & update preventative maintenance inspections for activity tasks related to time, costs and including instructions for the inspection.
- Review and update any master data change as per requests or comments from maintenance execution teams or maintenance scheduling team. Assure the QA\QC is complete, and close out work orders with the appropriate completion codes.
- Create and develop routine activity procedures for tasks which re-occur, i.e. analyse frequently occurring Corrective and Reactive Maintenance tasks to develop standard jobs.
- Responsible for rigorous cost management including specifically through optimized maintenance planning, adherence to Supply policy, follow-up on warranty claims and contractor management to ensure all financial information is captured. Assist in preparing the maintenance budget annually.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Mechanical or Electrical Trade Certificate
- Minimum of five (5) years in the mining or heavy industry or processing plant with strong working knowledge of Maintenance Planning and CMMS.
- Minimum of four (4) years practical planning experience in a maintenance environment, preferably in mining industry.
- Current Unencumbered New South Wales “C” Class Drivers Licence.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary, Bonus and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader in beautiful rural NSW
- Family friendly rosters and location
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.