About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Longwall Coordinator, Operations (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for another Longwall Coordinator to join our operations team at Narrabri Mine.Reporting to the Longwall Superintendent the Longwall Coordinator is responsible for the safety performance of Narrabri Mine Longwall activities, by complying with and enforcing effective safety systems.
To be successful in the role you will:
- All longwall production activities to achieve planned mining, including management of significant contractor activity.
- Providing active leadership to the longwall teams to identify areas for potential improvement to mining process
- Ensuring compliance with all safety and environmental obligations pertaining to mining activities on Longwall.
- Providing leadership for Supervisors, technicians, consultants, contractors. Set, articulate and measure expectations.
- Maintain compliance with legislative requirements.
- Formulate daily, weekly and monthly plans in accordance with the mine’s schedule.
- Ensure that Undermanager’s, deputies and crews are carrying out the 24 hour plans by means of regular monitoring and auditing of the returned plans.
- Effectively plan all required overtime levels in the longwall panels and ensure that these levels are not exceeded.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related disciplines
- Undermanager’s Certificate of Competence
- Extensive longwall mining experience
- Senior supervisory experience at an underground coal mine
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Industry leading Bonus package
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader in beautiful rural NSW
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.