Senior Mining Engineer
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior Mining Engineer, Technical Services (Narrabri, NSW)
The Senior Mining Engineer is accountable for the planning and implementation of all surface gas drainage operations including goaf drainage, the planning of the medium to long term ventilation and gas drainage system and the management of approvals.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Manage the gas drainage surface infrastructure to provide maximise gas drainage performance.
- Develop annual budget based upon the mine production plan for SIS gas drainage, goaf drainage and other associated gas drainage work in consultation with Ventilation Officer, Gas Drainage Coordinator, Project Geologist, Technical Services Manager and Mine Manager.
- Achieve cost effective operations of the surface gas and goaf drainage works in accordance with annual operating plans and budgets by maintaining optimum work practices, maximising productivity and ensuring effective utilisation of staff and resources.
- Conduct audits of the processes, procedures and work under your control to determine their effectiveness and implement improvements as required.
- Provide adequate plans, procedures, work instructions to supervisors, contractors and personnel to enable them to carry out the tasks safely and efficiently.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Operational and project management experience.
- Ventilation, gas drainage and longwall mining experience.
- Extensive experience in the underground coal mining industry.
- Extensive experience in a Mining Engineering or Operational role.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.