CHPP Shift Supervisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: CHPP Shift Supervisor (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for CHPP Shift Supervisor to join our team in Narrabri. The CHPP Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the co-ordination of on site personnel during normal shifts to achieve production targets, maintain a safe environment and complete the end of shift report.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide input into the planning of maintenance shutdowns, 24 hour plans and major installations, to assist in addressing the day-to-day issues impacting on production/maintenance.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the Standard Operating Procedures and the Narrabri Preparation Plant O.H. & S. Policy & Procedures.
- Ensure the team do immediately report all risks and potential hazards, unsafe plant, equipment, infrastructure or conditions which are observed (not only in their work area but across the CHPP Site). Take actions to minimise risk to other persons.
- Actively direct and control labour, subcontractors, plant and materials to maintain site efficiency.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Maintenance or Production experience in Coal Preparation.
- Supervisory experience in a production or maintenance environment, including the ability to lead and manage change is desirable.
- A sound understanding of production processes in coal or other industrial processes.
- Engineering qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance Experience.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.