Electrical Engineer - AHS
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Electrical Engineer, AHS Project (Maules Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Maules Creek, Whitehaven are one of the the first Coal producers in Australia to invest in the Hitachi Autonomous Haulage System (AHS).
The ideal candidate will be accountable for providing engineering support to the AHS Project. This includes, planning and scheduling for initial AHS installations, integration with Maintenance, development of methods and procedures to enable AHS Operations and a variety of general AHS project management activities.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Ensure that all AHS integration plans / designs conform to Maules Creek Coal’s Health and Safety Management System.
- Ensure safe, efficient, & productive AHS plans are developed in a timely manner; liaise with supervisors, superintendents, other engineers in the planning process well before plans are due to complete plans on time.
- Ensure AHS production budget is met by effective planning, scheduling and coordination of activities relating to the mining fleet.
- Provide AHS input for weekly maintenance schedules and activities to superintendents, coordinators and other relevant mine site personnel.
- Analysis of AHS performance data to foster continual improvement of production and planning outcomes.
- Assist Project Director in preparation of annual budget schedules/ forecasts.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- RIICOM301A – Communicate Information (or equivalent)(desirable).
- RIIOHS301A – Conduct Health and Safety Investigations (or equivalent)(desirable).
- RIIRIS301A – Apply Risk Management Processes (or equivalent)(desirable).
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.