Coal Processing Supervisor
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Coal Processing Supervisor, Open Cut Operations (Werris Creek, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Coal Processing Supervisor to join our team in Werris Creek. Accountable for maximising the cost-efficiency of coal processing in accordance with safety, environmental and quality standards, and ensuring the required coal quality and quantity meet market demand
To be successful in the role you will:
- Manage the coal quality process including maintenance of records.
- Organise and supervise electrical/mechanical and breakdown maintenance to all fixed and mobile plants and equipment on site.
- Ensure that all necessary records are collated and filed in accordance with company procedures and policy, and statutory requirements.
- Manage contractors on site including induction, supervision, compliance with safety and work procedures and administration.
- Assist in managing the daily operation of the screening and crushing plant, as well as the train loading facility to ensure customer contract requirements are met in respect of throughput, quality, quantity and timeliness.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy, Science or Engineering.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment.
- OH&S qualification.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Relevant industry experience in quarry or mine in mineral extraction and/or processing.
Benefits for You
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary and relocation package.
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.