Senior Cost Controller
About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Senior Cost Controller, Project Delivery (Brisbane, QLD)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Senior Cost Controller to join the Project Delivery Team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Project Delivery, you are accountable for development and implementation of costing procedures and management plans as well as monitoring, forecasting and reporting of the cost progress of the Projects within the Project Delivery team portfolio. You will also promote and maintain a cost conscious environment throughout the projects and assist in other areas of Project Controls where necessary
Areas of work may include:
- Liaise with accounting team to establish a project cost control and reporting methodology.
- Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements.
- Undertake project controls activities, including baseline cost development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management and reporting.
- Support the project teams with progress reporting including cost and budget updates, forecast to complete, variance identification, opportunities for improvement and monthly progress reporting..
- Guide and instruct others in essential aspects of project costing, and assist in the development of Implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Engineering, Business, Management or related disciplines (essential).
- Relevant industry experience (mining/process/infrastructure) including experience with planning for major projects.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience is essential, as are strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA would be highly regarded.
- Strong demonstrable experience in Cost Control Management, along with Contractor and Client experience.
- High level of proficiency in using cost control software such as Prism.
Benefits for You
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent training and career prospects.
- Attractive Salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions in the below application, then click Apply;
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.