About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.
The Role: Deputy (Narrabri,NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an experienced Deputy to join our Underground operation in Narrabri, NSW. Reporting to the Undermanager, this role will lead a shift crew in all planned mining activities in order to achieve production targets and safety compliance.
Duties may include:
- Executing daily and weekly plans as dictated by the planning team.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental obligations pertaining to mining activities on the deputy’s allocated shift.
- Manage performance and provide leadership for operators, technicians, contractors.
- Set and measure KPI’s.
- Maintain compliance with legislative requirements.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- A current Deputy certificate of competency, or mutual recognition qualification
- Extensive experience in the underground coal mining industry
- Proven experience in a supervisory role, preferably within a Longwall operation.
- Demonstrated technical & operational ability in a similar mining environment
Benefits for You
Full time, permanent position.
Excellent opportunity for career development.
Attractive Salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply
- Attach your resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace.
Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.